On Messianic Judaism
S2 E16: After the Wars
July 13, 2022
In this episode, we are going to look at some of the people, movements, and events that followed the second (or third as I argue in a previous episode) Jewish revolt. We will ask:
- What kind of interaction did Messianic Jews with the larger Jewish community?
- Who was the Jewish Christian Melito of Sardis, and why is he significant?
- What does the Didache, a first century manual for gentile disciples, tell us about the relationship between Messianic Jews and gentile Christians?
- What did these Messianic Jews expect of gentile Christians in these early days?
- By the time of Nicaea, what did gentile Christians generally expect of Jews who believed Yeshua was the Messiah?